Headlines
Loading...
Assertive Sentence Voice Change

1. Active: I play badminton.
Passive: Badminton is played by me.

2. Active: I am playing badminton.
Passive: Badminton is being played by me.

3. Active: He has eaten rice.
Passive: Rice has 
been eaten by him.

4. Active: He ate rice.
Passive: Rice was eaten by him.


5. Active:: He was eating rice.
Passive: Rice was being eaten by him.

6. Active: He had eaten rice.
Passive: Rice had been eaten by him.

7. Active: He will eat rice.
Passive: Rice will be eaten by him.

8. Active: He will be eating rice.
Passive: Rice will be being eaten by him.

9. Active: He will have eaten rice.
Passive: Rice will have been eaten by him.

10. Active: I may help you.
Passive: You may be helped by me.

11. Active: You must do the work.
Passive: The work must be done by you.

12. Active: Stella will invite Riva.
Passive: Riva will be invited by Stella.

13. Active: She writes a letter.
Passive: A letter is written by her.

14. Active: He doesn't paint the wall.
Passive: The wall isn’t painted by him.

14. Active: She flies a kite.
Passive: A kite is flown by her.

15. Active: Shis flying a kite.
Passive: A kite is being flown by her.

16. Active: He has flown a kite.
Passive: A kite has been flown by her.

17. Active: He flew a kite.
Passive: A kite was flown by her.

18. Active: Shwas flying a kite.
Passive: A kite was being flown by her.

19. Active: Shhad flown a kite.
Passive: A kite had been flown by her.

20. Active: Shwill fly a kite.
Passive: A kite will be flown by her.

21.Active: The work will have tired her. 
Passive: She will have been tired of the work.

22. Active: The postman will have delivered the letter.
Passive: The letter will have been delivered by the postman.

23. Active: The police will have caught the criminal.
Passive: The criminal will have been caught by the police.

24. Active: The painters will have painted the house.
Passive: The house will have been painted by the painters.

25. Active: I placed the proposal to him.
Passive: The proposal was placed to him by me.

26. Active: A storm has uprooted the tree.
Passive: The tree has been uprooted.

27. Active: People hate liars.
Passive: Liars are hated by people.

28. Active: We ought to respect our teachers.
Passive: Our teachers ought to be respected by us.

29. Active: I have to do it.
Passive: It has to be done by me.

30. Active: You are to colour the picture.
Passive: The picture is to be coloured by you.

31. Active: You/ One can never regain lost time.
Passive: Lost time can never be regained.

Active to Passive voice exercises

31. Active: Riva will have completed the homework.
Passive: Homework will have been completed by Riva.

32. Active: I will have seen the movie before next Sunday,
Passive: The movie will have been seen by me before next Sunday.

33. Active: The carpenter will have made the chair.
Passive: The chair will have been made by the carpenter.

34. Active: John will have polished the furniture.
Passive: The furniture will have been polished by John.

35.Active: I will have done a good job.
Passive: A good job will have been done by me.

36. Active: I will have found the locket.
Passive: The locket will have been found by us.

37.Active: They will have attended the function.
Passive: The function will have been attended by them.

38. Active: The rabbit will have eaten the carrots by now.
Passive: The tickets for the train shall have been bought by her.

39. Active: They will have sent Rina home.
Passive: Rina will have been sent home by them.

40. Active: They will have closed the shop.
Passive: The shop will have been close to them.

41. Active: Sumi will have written the letter.
Passive: The letter will have been written by Sumi.

42. Active: The judge will have passed the judgment.
Passive: The judgment will have been passed by the judge.

43. Active: He will have helped the children.
Passive: The children shall have been helped by him.

44. Active: John will have eaten the cake.
Passive: The cake will have been eaten by John.

45. Active: She had ordered the pizza.
Passive: The pizza had been ordered by her.

46.Active: She had ridden the bicycle.
Passive: The bicycle had been ridden by her.

47.Active: We should stop smoking.
Passive: Smoking should be stopped by us.

48.Active: I offered him a job.
Passive: He was offered a job by me.

49.Active: Peter offered me a seat.
Pass: I was offered a seat by Peter.

50.Active: He made me understand the matter.
Passive: I was made to understand the matter by him.

51.Active: He heard the baby cry for its food.
Passive: The baby was heard to cry for its food by him.

52. Active: He decided to leave the job.
Passive: He decided the job to be left.
Or, Pass: To leave the job was decided by him.

53.Active: He wanted to draw a picture.
Passive: He wanted a picture to be drawn.
Or, Passive: To draw a picture was wanted by him.

54.Active: I know that he did not work.
Passive: That he did not work is known to me.
Or: It is known to me that he did not work. 

55.Active: He said that he was ill.
Passive: That he was ill was said by him.
Or: It was said by him that he was ill.

56.Active: I did not know where she lived.
Passive: Where she lived was not known to me. Or: It was not known to him where she lived.

57.Active: Honey tastes sweet.
Passive: Honey is tasted sweet.
Or: Honey is sweet when it is tasted.

58. Active: The bed felt hard.
Passive:The bed was felt hard.
Or: The bed was hard when it was felt.

59. Active:: Milk turns sour.
Passive: Milk is turned sour.
Or: Milk is sour when it is turned.

60. Active: He killed himself.
Passive: He was killed by himself.

61. Active: They thanked themselves.
Passive: They were thanked by themselves.

62. Active: Onions sell at high prices.
Passive: Onions are sold at high prices.

63. Active: The book is printing.
Passive: The book is being printed.

64. Active: The house is building.
Passive: The house is being built.

65. Active: Honesty is the best policy.
Passive: Honesty is called the best policy.

66. Active: He is a fool.
Passive: He is called a fool.

67. Active: The boy always helps the poor people. Passive: The poor people are always helped by the boy.

68. Active: The doctor bought a motorcycle.
Passive: A motorcycle was bought by the doctor.

69. Active: He does not help me.
Passive: I am not helped by him.

70. Active: We did not call him to play.
Passive: He was not called to play by us.

71. Active: Rimni is writing a letter for me.
Passive: A letter is being written for me by Rimni.

72. Active: We have seen a letter for me.
Passive: A tiger has been seen at the zoo.

73. Active: Susy is going to buy a private car soon A private car is going to be bought soon by susy.

74. Active: I saw him opening a box.
Passive: He was seen opening a box by me.

75. Active: I know that he did the work.
Passive: It is know to me that the work was done by him.
Or, That the work was done by him is know to me.

76. Active: He told me that he had done the work. Passive: I was told that the work had been done by him.
Or, That the work bad been done by him was told me ( by him).

77. Active: They searched his house and found a number of stolen articles.
Passive: His house was searched and a number of stolen articles were found by them.

78. Active: people say that the lion is the king of beast.
Passive: It is said that the lion is the king of beast.
Or, The lion is said to be the king of beast.

79. Active: He helped me today.
Passive: I was helped today.
Or, I was helped by him today.
voice change exercise with answers
Interrogative Sentence Voice Change

1. Active: Whom did you see on the road?
Passive: who was seen by you on the road?

2. Active: Whom has the principal honoured?
Passive: Who has been honoured by the principal?

3. Active: Whom has the police arrested?
Passive: Who has been arrested by the police?

4. Active: Whom have the people elected?
Passive: Who has been elected by the people?

5. Active: Whom have the selectors selected?
Passive: Who has been selected by the selectors?

6. Active: Whom has she called?
Passive: Who has been called by her?

7. Active: What do you want?
Passive: What is wanted by you?

8. Active: Where did you find him?
Passive: Where was he found by you?

9. Active: Did you play badminton?
Passive: Was badminton played by you?

10. Active: Have you eaten rice?
Passive: Has rice been eaten by you?

11. Active: Is he reading a novel?
Passive: Is a novel being read by him?

12. Active: Who can answer my question?
By whom my answer can be answered?

13. Active:  How can you do this?
Passive: How can this be done by you?

14. Active: What did they pay you for doing the job?
Passive: What were you paid for doing the job by them?

15. Active: Which book have you borrowed?
Passive: Which book has been borrowed by you? 

16. Active: Whom did you like?
Passive: Who was liked by you?

17. Active: Who will help you?
Passive: By whom will you be helped?

18. Active: Who gave you this book?
Passive: By whom was this book given to you?

19. Active: Who did this?
Passive: By whom was this done?

20. Active: Who broke the pencil?
Passive: By whom was the pencil broken?

21. Active: Did you take the therapy?
Passive: Was the therapy taken by you?

22. Active: Do you see the bird?
Passive: Is the bird seen by you?

Imperative sentence Voice Change

1. Active: Open the door.
Passive: Let the door be opened.

2. Active: Do not open the door.
Passive: Let not the door be opened.

3. Active: Let me play badminton.
Passive: Let the badminton be played by me.

4. Active: Never tell a lie.
Passive: Let not a lie ever be told.

5. Active: Let me do the sum.
Passive: Let the sum be done by me.

6. Active: Let me have a cup of coffee.
Passive: Let a cup of coffee be had by me.

7. Active: Please, do the work.
Passive: You are requested to do the work.

8. Active: Go away.
Passive: You are ordered to go away.

9. Active: Keep your words.
Passive: Your words should be kept.

10. Active: Don't laugh at the poor.
Passive: Let not the poor be laughed at.

11. Active: Never eat more than one thing for luncheon.
Passive: Let not more than one thing be ever eaten for luncheon.

12. Active: Buy me a shirt.
Passive: Let a shirt be bought for me.

13. Active: Give me your watch.
Passive: Let your watch be given to me.

14. Active: Open the door.
Passive: Let the door be opened.

Difficult voice change exercises

1. Active: He annoyed me.
Passive: I was annoyed with him.

2. Active: I know the man
Passive: The man is known to me.

3. Active: His behaviour surprised me.
Passive: I was surprised at his behaviour.

4. Active: The news shocked him.
Passive: He was shocked at the news.

5. Active: I saw him go.
Passive: He was seen to go by me.

6. Active: He made me do the work.
Passive: I was made to do the work by him.

7. Active: His conduct shocked me.
Passive: I was shocked at his conduct.

8. Active: Light-filled the room.
Passive: The room was filled with light.

9. Active: Her manners pleased us very much.
Passive: We were very much pleased with her manners.

10. Active: The novels of Charles Dickens interest me.
Passive: I am interested in the novels of Charles Dickens.

11. Active: Someone has stolen my purse.
Passive: My purse has been stolen.

12. Active: Circumstances obliged to go.
Passive: I was obliged to go.

13. Active: We can grain nothing without labour.
Passive: Nothing can be grained without labour.

14. Active: Why did they refuse him admittance?
Passive: Why was he refused admittance?

15. Active: We should not encourage indiscipline.
Passive: Indiscipline should not be encouraged.

16. Active: Mother looked after the girl.
Passive: The girl was looked after by mother.

17. Active: He has worked out the answer correctly.
Passive: The answer has been correctly worked out by him.

18. Active: Someone built this building in 1976.
Passive: This building was built in 1976.

19. Active: Adam presided over the meeting.
Passive: The meeting was presided over by Adam.

20. Active: People consider me honest.
Passive: I am considered honest.

21. Active: She likes people to obey her.
Passive: She likes to be obeyed by people.

22. Active: People believe that you know.
Passive: It is supposed that you know.

23. Active: We will not admit children under eight.
Passive: Children under eight will not be admitted by us.

24. Active: It is time to do your duty.
Passive: It is time for your duty to be done.

25. Active: I knew him.
Passive: He was known to me.

4 comments

  1. Very nice worksheet. It helped me so much. There are many different types of questions which helped me understand the topic very clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer of the first question of Difficult voice changes is wrong।
    Hope that you will correct it, and will republish

    ReplyDelete

To be published, comments must be reviewed by the administrator.*Remember to Keep Comments Respectful and Avoid spamming!