Headlines
Loading...
Assertive to Exclamatory rules

Assertive to Exclamatory rules

Assertive to Exclamatory

1. প্রথমে What বা How বসে + Adjective বসে + Subject + verb + বাকী অংশ (যদি থাকে) + !

[Note – adjective এর পূর্বে a থাকলে what a বসে এবং a না থাকলে how বসে.]

Assertive: It is a very beautiful place.
Exclamatory: What a beautiful place it is!

2. Assertive sentence  Wish থাকলে Exclamatory করার সময় শুরুতে wish এর‌ পরিবর্তনে If/Had বসে

Assertive: I wish I had the wings of a bird.
Exclamatory: Had I the wings of a bird!
Or, If I had the wings of a bird!

3. Wish/desire যুক্ত Assertive sentence কে Exclamatory sentence করার সময় এর শুরুতে If, had, O that, Oh that + বাকি অংশ অপরিবর্তিত থাকে।

Assertive: I wish I were a player.
Exclamatory: If I were a player!

Assertive to Exclamatory exercises


1. Assertive: It is a very beautiful garden.
Exclamatory: What a beautiful garden it is!

2. Assertive: The garden is very beautiful.
Exclamatory: How beautiful the garden is!

3. I wish I had the wings of a dove.
Exclamatory: Had I the wings of a dove!

4. Assertive: A little learning is a very dangerous thing.
Exclamatory: What a dangerous thing a little learning is!

5. Assertive: The heat was very terrible.
Exclamatory: How terrible the heat was!

6. Assertive: She was very talkative.
Exclamatory: How talkative she was!

7. Assertive: It was an exciting game.
 Exclamatory: What an exciting game it was!

8. Assertive: He leads a most unhappy life.
Exclamatory: What an unhappy life he leads!

9. Assertive: I earnestly desire to see her once.
Exclamatory: If I could see her once!

10. Assertive: The scenery of the place is very charming.
Exclamatory: How charming the scenery of the place is!

11. Assertive: I wish I were young again.
Exclamatory: If I were young again!/Would that I were young again!

12. Assertive: It was a very lucky day.
Exclamatory: What a lucky day it was!

13. Assertive: It is a very beautiful bird.
Exclamatory: What a beautiful bird it is!

14. Assertive: I wish I could fly in the sky.
Exclamatory: Would that I could fly in the sky!

15. Assertive: You are a great fool.
Exclamatory: What a fool you are!

16. Assertive: The fob chain of Jim was very nice.
Exclamatory: How fine the fob chain of Jim was!

17. Assertive: My hair grows very fast.
Exclamatory: How fast my hair grows!

18. Assertive: The sun shone very hotly overhead.
Exclamatory: How hotly the sun shone over head!

19. Assertive: The next few days were very terrible.
Exclamatory: How terrible the next few days were! 

20. Assertive: The Padma is a very big river.
Exclamatory: What a big river the Padma is!

21. Assertive: The girl sings very sweetly.
Exclamatory: How sweetly the girl sings!

22. Assertive: I wish I could go there in time.
Exclamatory: If I could go there!/Would that I could go there!

23. Assertive: The sight is very pathetic.
Exclamatory: How pathetic the sight was! 

24. Assertive: I have got a very nice gift for you.
Exclamatory: What a nice gift I have got for you!

25. Assertive: I wish I were a philosopher like Socrates.
Exclamatory: If I were a philosopher like Socrates!

26. Assertive: You are a great fool.
Exclamatory: What a fool you are!

27. Assertive: She was very talkative.
Exclamatory: How talkative she was!

28. Assertive: The girl is very pretty.
Exclamatory: How pretty the girl is!

29. Assertive: It is a very fine flower.
Exclamatory: What a fine flower it is!

30. Assertive: We wish we could enter the house.
Exclamatory: Would that we could enter the housel!

31. Assertive: The first day in Cox's Bazar is very exciting.
Exclamatory: How exciting the first day in Cox's Bazar is! 

32. Assertive: The cuckoo sings very sweetly.
Exclamatory: How sweetly the cuckoo sings!

33. Assertive: The rose is a very nice flower.
Exclamatory: What a nice flower the rose is!

34. Assertive: The Padma is a very big river.
Exclamatory: What a big river the Padma is!

35. Assertive: It is a matter of joy that/we rejoice that we have won the match.
Exclamatory: Hurrah! we have won the match.

36. Assertive: It is a matter of joy that/we rejoice that we are victorious.
Exclamatory: Hurrah! we are victorious.

37. Assertive: It is a matter of sorrow that I am undone.
Exclamatory: Alas! I am undone.

38. Assertive: It is a very lovely place.
Exclamatory: What a lovely place it is!

39. Assertive: The youngest sister was very beautiful.
Exclamatory: How beautiful the youngest sister was!

40. Assertive: I wish I could be a.child again.
Exclamatory: If I could be a child again!

41. Assertive: I wish I had been a merchant.
Exclamatory: Had I been a merchant!

42. Assertive: It is a very beautiful bird.
Exclamatory: What a beautiful bird it is! 

43. Assertive: The porter was very fortunate.
Exclamatory: How fortunate the porter was!

44. Assertive: I wish I had possessed a lot of wealth.
Exclamatory: Had I possessed a lot of wealth!

45. Assertive: The first meal in a strange town is very charming.
Exclamatory: How charming is the first meal in a strange town!

46. Assertive: Italy is still very charming.
Exclamatory: How charming still is Italy!

47. Assertive: Time flies very fast.
Exclamatory: How time does fly!

48. Assertive: Her love for Selim was very deep.
Exclamatory: How deep her love for Selim was!

49. Assertive: It is a very wonderful scenery.
Exclamatory: What a wonderful scenery it is!

50. Assertive: I wish I were a millionaire.
Exclamatory: If I were a millionaire!


Try Yourself

1.The Padma is a very big river.
2. The sun shone very hotly overhead.
3. My hair grows very fast.
4. It is a very beautiful bird.
5. The girl sings very sweetly.
6. I have got a very nice gift for you.
7. I wish I had the wings of a dove.
8. You are a great fool.
9. The heat was very terrible.
10. The scenery of the place is very charming.
11. I wish I were young again.
12. It was a very lucky day.
13. The sight is very pathetic.
14. The next few days were.very terrible.
15. He leads a most unhappy life.
16. She was very talkative.
17. A little learning is a very dangerous thing.
18. It was an exciting game.
19. I wish I could fly in the sky.
20. I wish I could go there in time.

1 comment

To be published, comments must be reviewed by the administrator.*Remember to Keep Comments Respectful and Avoid spamming!