Headlines
Loading...
Completing sentence rules bangla

Completing sentence rules bangla

Completing Sentence Shortcut rules

That/so that/in order that (যাতে)

Structure-1: Present Tense →that/so that/in order that → subject +can/will/may + V1 + obj/ext.

Structure-2: Past Tense→ that/so that/in order that →subject + could/would/might + V1 + obj/ext.

Example: 
1. We eat so that we can survive.
2. We ate so that we could survive.
3.We eat so that we may live.
4. The farmers sow seeds that they may get a harvest.
5.I closed the door so that he might not enter the room.
6. She saved money in order that she could buy a gift.

As if/as though (এমনযেন)

Structure -1: Present Tense→ as if/as though →subject + V2 + object. Or  Subject + were + object.                               
                                                                                             
Structure-2: Past Tense→ as if/as though →subject + had + V3 + object. Or Subject + had been + object.
                                                                                                                                 
Example:
1. He talks as if he knew everything.
2. She spoke as if she had known everything.


Lest/In case (যাতে.. না/ নতুবা)
Structure: Any Tense→ Lest→ subject + should/might + V1 + object.

Example: 
1. Walk fast lest you should miss the train.
2. I wrote down her address in case I should forget it.
3. I’ve bought a chicken in case Raj should stay for lunch.
4. They kept watching all night lest robbers should come.
5. We must take care lest evil thoughts enter our hearts.
6. We must take immediate action lest it grew worse.
7. He hid in the woods lest the soldiers would find him.
8. Walk fast lest you should miss the train.
9. Take your umbrella lest you should get wet.

Though/although (যদিও)

1st  Clause (কারণ)
2nd Clause(ফলাফল)

Positive meaningful sentence
Negative meaningful sentence
Negative meaningful sentence
Positive meaningful sentence

Example:
1. Though he is poor, he is honest.
2. Though he knows English, he cannot speak in it.

NO Sooner had

Structure: No sooner had + subject + V3 + object →than/before + subject + V2 + object.

Example: 
1. No sooner had I reached the station than the train left.
2. No sooner had we entered the room than they started clapping.
3. No sooner had the teacher entered the class than the students kept quiet.
4. No sooner had we seen Eva than she started waving.
5. No sooner had the watchman seen the Police officer than he started saluting.
6. No sooner had the doctor come than the patient started recovering.

Hardly had

Structure: Hardly had + subject + V3 + object→ before/when + subject + V2 + object.

Example:
1. Hardly had the teacher entered the classroom when the student kept quiet.
2. Hardly had I seen Sam when he started walking.
3. Hardly had I seen Samuel when he started walking.
4. Hardly had I started working on the computer when the electricity was gone.
5. Hardly had Eva seen her mother when she started crying.
6. Hardly had I seen Alex when he started walking.

Scarcely had

Structure: Scarcely had + subject + V3 + object→ when + subject + V2 + object.

Example:
1. Scarcely had we started when it began to rain.
2. Scarcely had the teacher seen the student when she started studying.
3. Scarcely had John started the journey when it started raining.
4. Scarcely had John started the journey when it started raining.
5. Scarcely had Riva reached the stage when the audience started.
6. Scarcely had Samuel closed the door when the calling bell started ringing.

Barely had

Structure: Barely had+ subject + V3 + object→ when + subject + V2 + object.

Example:
1. Barely had John reached the place when Kim started arguing with him.
2. Barely had Arthur started the speech when Russell started questioning.
3. Barely had Eva started cooking when the doorbell started ringing.
4. Barely had Alexander seen Anne when she started laughing.
5. Barely had Robin entered the room when Tom started shouting.

As Soon As

Structure: As soon as + subject + V2 + object→ comma (,) subject + V2 + object.

Example:
1. As soon as Rana sat down, the phone rang.
2. As soon as he teacher came, there was silence.
3. As soon as he saw, it she showed me.
4. As soon as she heard the news, she burst into tears.
5. As soon as she arrived home, the telephone rang.
6. As soon as we reached the station, the train left.
7. As soon as I reached the station, the train left.
8. As soon as the students came to college, the bell rang.
9. As soon as the thief saw the police, he ran away.
10. As soon as he saw me, he ran away.
11. As soon as we started for college, the rain started.
12. As soon as he saw me, he ran away swiftly.
13. As soon as the police marked the thief, he ran away.

Would you mind?

Structure 01: Would you mind→ V1 + ing + object.

Example:
1. Would you mind taking a cup of tea?
2. Would you mind taking this book back for him?
3. Would you mind sending that mail for him?

Structure 02: Would you mind + If + somebody + V2 + object/ext.

Example:
1. Would you mind if I used your mobile now?
2. Would you mind if I borrowed your motorcycle tonight?
3. Would you mind if I opened the door?
4. Would you mind if you opened the door?

Structure 03: Would you mind + Somebody's + Verb + ing + object/ext.

Example:
1. Would you mind Peter's staying here with us?
2. Would you mind my brother's coming with us to the picnic?
Till/Until

Structure: 01: Present Tense/Future Tense→ Till /Until→ Present Tense.

Structure: 02: Past Tense→ Till / Until →Past Tense.

Example: 
1. Just wait till he comes.
2. We waited until the train came.
3. Wait until the rain stops.
4. Wait for me till I do not come back.
5. His mother will be nursing him until he comes round.
6. My wife will wait till I do not telephone.
7. I’ll wait until/till I hear from you.
8. OK, then, I won’t expect you until/till midnight.

In spite of/Despite

In spite of/Despite
subject + verb + object

Positive meaningful sentence
Negative meaningful sentence
Negative meaningful sentence
Positive meaningful sentence

Example: In spite of his poverty he is honest.

It is time/It is high time/it is now time

Structure: 01: It is time/It is high time/it is now time→ subject + V2 + object.

Structure: 02: It is time/It is high time/it is now time→ to + V1 + object.

Example: 
1. It is time you worked for your future.
2. It is high time to work for your future.

Instead of / In lieu of (পরিবর্তে)

Example: Instead of / In lieu of history he took logic.

Conditional Sentence (If)

First Conditional

Structure: If + subject + V1 + object→ subject + can/should/will/may + V1 + object.

Example: 
1. If she gets good grades she will go to university.
2. If I stand first, my parents will become happy.
3.If you accompany me, I will go to the zoo.
4. If the teacher speaks very fast, many students will not follow him.
5. If you are not honest, people will not like you.
6. If the fog does not disappear, our journey may be delayed.
7. If the patient's condition worsens, the patient may die.
8. If you apply properly, you can get a visa.
9. If the weather improves, we may start our journey.
10. If he wants to have good health, he must follow the rules of health.
11. If you obey God's command, you will get His mercy.

Second Conditional

Structure: If + subject + V2 + object→ subject + could/would/might + V1 + object.

Structure: If + subject + were + complement→ subject + could/would/might + V1 + object. (Unreal past)

Example: 
1. If I had the time I would learn Italian.
2. If I knew her number, I could ring her.
3. If I had a holiday, I would visit London.
4. If I attended your birthday party, I would/could enjoy a lot.
5. If you went to school yesterday, you should not miss your lesson.
6. If we were conscious, there would go pollution.
7. If I get Aladdin's lamp, I would remove poverty from the country.
8. If I knew your phone number, I would ring to you.
9. If you practised regularly, you could speak English well.
10. If I had another $5000, I could buy a car.
11. If you asked me nicely, I might get you a drink.
12. If he had run a bit faster, he could have won.
13.If I knew her name, I should tell you.
14.If I were you, I should stop smoking.
15. If it stopped raining, I could go out
16. If I found a coin in the street, I would give it to the beggar.
17. If you did not come to my house, I would be very sad.
18.If you tried, you could easily do the work.
19.If I were a doctor, I would give free treatment to the poor.
20. If I were the mayor of London city, I would keep the city clean.
21. If it rained timely, the crops would grow well.
22. If Rana played, he would win the prize.
23.If you lived in America, you would speak English.
24. If you worked hard, you could shine in life.
25. If I had enough money, I could set up a hospital.
26. If tried, you could do it.
27. If I knew your house, I would go to see you.

Third Conditional

Structure -1: If + subject + had + V3 + object→subject + could have/should have/would have/might have + V3 + object.

Example: 
1. If I had seen him I would have given him the message.
2. If you have finished the work, I shall have paid you.
3. If you had helped me, I would have helped you.
4. If you had written the letter, I shall have posted it.

Structure-2: Had + subject + V3 + object→ subject + could have/should have/would have/might have + V3 + object.

Example: 
1. Had he invited me I should have joined the party.
2. Had I not been so tired, I might have realised it easily.

Zero Conditional

Structure: If + subject + V1 + object→ subject + V1 + object.

Example: If you heat water 100 degrees Celsius, it boils.

Since

Structure 01: Present indefinite/Present perfect→ since→ Past indefinite.
Structure-2: Past indefinite→since→Past perfect.

Example: 
1. It is ten years since my sister was born.
2. Many years have passed since his friend met him first.
3. It was long since I had seen her last.

So….that

Subject + verb + so + adjective/adverb + that + subject + cannot/could not + সঙ্গতিপূর্ণ verb + বাকী অংশ.

Example: 
1. The man is so weak that he cannot move his body.
2. Their throats were so dry that they couldn’t speak.
3. He is so expert that he can solve it easily.
4. She is so intelligent that she can understand it quickly.
5. He plays so skillfully that everybody gets amused.

Would rather (তবুও/বরং)

Subject + would rather + V1→ than + verb/noun

Example: He would rather die than forgive you.

Without + gerund

Without + V1 +ing + object+ personal subject + verb + প্রয়োজনীয় বাকী অংশ.
Example: Without working hard you cannot achieve success.

By + gerund

By + V1 +ing + object +personal subject + verb + প্রয়োজনীয় বাকী অংশ.
Example: By completing the work I shall go home.

Unless (যদি না)

Unless যুক্ত incomplete sentence টি বসেসঙ্গতিপূর্ণ পূর্নাঙ্গ বাক্য বসে
Example: Unless you work hard you will fail in life.

As long as/ So long as

As long as যুক্ত incomplete sentence টি বসেসঙ্গতিপূর্ণ পূর্নাঙ্গ বাক্য বসে
Example: 
1. I will fight against injustice as long as we can.
2. He’s welcome to stay as long as I can afford.
3. I’ll remember that day as long as I live.
4. You may take my car so long as you drive carefully.
5. Wait here as long as it rains.
6. Allah will be with us so long as our aim is honest.
7. Eva worked as long as she could.

Because of/on account of/owing to/due to

Because of/on account of/owing to/due to Phrase যুক্ত incomplete sentence টি বসেসঙ্গতিপূর্ণ পূর্নাঙ্গ বাক্য বসে
Example: I could not help him due to my poverty.

Not only….but also

1. Not only এর পরে Subject থাকলে but also এর পরেও Subject বসে
2. Not only এর পরে Object থাকলে but also এর পরেও Object বসে
3. Not only এর পরে Verb থাকলে but also এর পরেও Verb বসে

Example: 
1. Not only Rita but also Ritu will call me.
2. They are weak not only in Biology but also in English.
3. Not only she but also her sister attended the party.
4. Rana not only studies attentively but also takes physical exercise regularly.
5. She is not only kind but also submissive.

Too.....to (এতই..... যে)/Enough ---- to

👉Too....to যুক্ত sentence এ দুটি ব্যক্তিবাচক/ সমজাতীয় subject থাকলে।
Structure: Subject + verb + too + adjective→ to + V1 + object/ext.

Example:
 
1. He is too weak to walk.
2. The man was too weak to walk.
3. The load is too heavy for her to carry.
4. He works too slowly to complete in time.
5. Rana is too strong to defeat anybody.
6. He has too much money to purchase anything anytime.
7. Samuel had enough intelligence to get love.

👉Too … to যুক্ত 1st Sentence টি বস্তূবাচক বা দুটি ভিন্ন subject থাকলে।

Structure: Subject + verb+ too+ adjective→ for ব্যাক্তি বাচক subject এর objective form+ to+ V1+ obj/ext.

Example: 
1. The Sum is too hard for me to solve it.
2. At times it creates too many problems for me to solve.
3. It is too interesting a matter for us to overlook.

Relative pronoun এর Rules

👉 Subjectwho/which/what/that etc. + verb + objectverb +object.
👉 Subject + verb + objectthat/who/which/what etc. verb +object.
👉 That/Wh-wordsubject+ verb+ object verb Object.

Example: 
1. Riva who is a little girl is my student.
2. I know a man who is a doctor.
3. That Rana lives in Dhaka is known to all.
4. London is the place where I was born.
5. 10:00 A.M. is the time when I go to the office.
6. A railway station is the place where trains stop.
7. 1971 is the year when Bangladesh became independent.
8. Paris is the city where UNESCO Headquarter is.
9. Saturday is the day when the week begins.
10. Dhaka is the place where most of the city dwellers live.
11. New York is the city where business magnets reside.
12. Friday is the day when all Muslims go to the mosque.
133. The stadium is the venue where spectators go for rejoicing.

Completing sentence rules
Let alone

Let alone যুক্ত incomplete sentence টি বসে→ (meaningful word or phrase).
Example:
He cannot pass in the third division, let alone the first division.

Provided/provided that/providing that/whether /in case

 ……provided/provided that/providing that→ (meaningful sentence).
Examples: 
1. He will shine in life provided that he works hard.
2. The plane will take off provided the weather is good.
3. I must agree to go providing that my expenses are paid.
4. We’ll start our programme whether circumstances favour us.
5. I’ve bought a chicken in case her sister stays for lunch.
6. I’m not sure whether I’ll have time.
7. Let’s buy a bottle of water in case John comes.
8. She will shine in life provided that she works hard.
9. Work hard provided that you will shine in life.

So much/ so many

So much/ so many যুক্ত incomplete sentence টি বসে →that + 1st subject + can/cannot + verb + প্রয়োজনীয় বাকী অংশ.
Examples:
1. You have so much intelligence that you can get a job.
2. There are so many problems that I cannot solve them.


👉……the place + where→(meaningful affirmative sentence).
Examples: Tangail is the place where he was born.

👉……the time/year/day + when→(meaningful affirmative sentence).
Examples:
1. Saturday is the day when the week begins.
2. 1971 is the year when Bangladesh became independent.

By the time

Structure 01: Main clause + by the time + Dependent clause
Structure 02: By the time + Dependent clause + Main clause
Example:
1. I will be in bed by the time you get home.
2. By the time that the guards realised what was happening, the gang were already inside the bank.

In the event

Structure: Results clause + in the event + Reason clause
Example: I got very nervous about the exam in the event that it might be very difficult.

Now that

Structure 01: Now that j cause clause + Effect clause
Structure 02: Effect clause + now that + cause clause

Example:
1. Now that John is married, he has become much more responsible.
2. I can enjoy myself now that the exams are over.

16 comments

  1. thank you so much for this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, if you feel any problem about my blog content, feel free to contact at ofaruk254@gmail.com .
    My blog is English Grammar Blog.
    I'll be obliged to delete all the contents that belong to you. Actually I compile. I am extremely sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this beautiful and useful article .
    It is very helpful for the students.
    And thank you for using Eva's name . She is my crush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's very nice rules and examples.🥰

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much 🥰

    ReplyDelete

To be published, comments must be reviewed by the administrator.*Remember to Keep Comments Respectful and Avoid spamming!